Saturday, April 14, 2012

Not Rushin'









Today has been a not so rushed kind of day. I have never liked to rush through anything. Today, I got up at a reasonable hour. When I went downstairs to get my husband and myself a cup of coffee, I opened my dog's crate door and even she didn't want to get up. Now that is my kind of dog! When I went back up with our coffees, I felt like I needed to bring Penny her own doggie latte. I am sure she would have lapped it up, but at a leisurely pace of course. After waking up in a fashionably-late way, I headed out with my friend and her granddaughter to get farm fresh eggs and then to a local market for golden beets. At the farm, we visited with the chickens and the horses who were kind enough to come over to the fence and be petted, the horses that is, not the chickens. The chickens were holding a ninja-pose with one leg off the ground. We assumed the same position to let them know we were not to be messed with..  At the market, they always have "on the house" coffee, so I had my second cup of the morning, mmm, yes! I came home, cleaned our bathroom~ well I had to do something productive, right and  did a load of laundry to boot. I fixed the golden beets for lunch. My vote on the beets is, I liked them, but no great shakes. Red beets, which had been the only kind I have ever had up until today, are sweeter than the goldens. I am glad I tried the golden ones, but the red ones can't be "beet", ha! I was going to plant my vegetable garden today, but being a Saturday, I envisioned the nursery to be packed with other aspiring home gardeners, so Monday will be set aside for that task. Just finished a short walk with Penny and friends, then a relaxing dinner at home with the G. man. The lesson in all of this is... Jesus never rushed ( or at least that is how I picture Him). Whether He was praying, writing in the dirt prior to asking the question " He who is without sin, cast the first stone."or chatting with the woman at the well, He was purposefully and quietly paced.  I do think He rushed along when He overthrew the tables in the temple, but that is the only time I recall a hurriedness about Our Savior. Slowing down helps me to focus, count my blessings and enjoy all  that God has planned for me right now. Here's to a laid-back kind of day.

No comments: