Thursday, August 30, 2012

100 years ago today, my father was born

100 years ago on this date, my father was born. He was born at home in Lewisburg, West Virginia. He was 11 years younger than his only sister. He had 2 made-up friends, Jugga and Keega because there weren't any boys his age that lived nearby.  He went to Greenbriar Military School from the time he was 6 years old through his graduation from there in 1930. His father was a home builder and his mother was a homemaker. He married my mom within a month or so of turning 36. She was 11 years younger. I was born when he was 38 and my brother was born when he was 40. He was a loving dad and faithful husband. He was a Christian. He never drank or smoked. He had a great sense of humor. He loved people. He was handsome. He was kind. He was humble. Happy Birthday, Daddy! I love you!

No comments: