Thursday, July 10, 2014

July

As I think about the month of July, there are many things that come to mind. My parents were married on the 4th of July. My brother and sister-in-law did the same thing 33 years after my parents. My grandson was born in July. Such happy days. Then on July 10th, 1995, God called my dad home to be with Him. This, I am sure, was a happy day for my dad. No more dialysis, no more pain.  I am thankful God called Daddy to be with him while he was at home. He was planning a trip to Lexington, VA to do a bit of business the day that He died. He loved to travel. God had a bigger and better trip planned for him that day. As a Christian, we know, it is not goodbye at the point of separation by death, it is merely a see you later. I am currently reading a book by NT Wright called Surprised by Hope. The book gives new light into what heaven may be like. I don't think anyone has half an idea of what heaven is. All I do know is that we  will be in for a BIG surprise. Also, I do believe, we will see and recognize those we knew on earth, but I don't really understand the particulars. It isn't necessary for me to understand, because then it wouldn't be much of a surprise. Thank you, God, for the events of July. We only have today, we needn't dwell on yesterday and we can't count on tomorrow. May I (we)  live today to the fullest and rest in the assurance that God is in control.

No comments: