Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Snow that Set a New Record

Most big snowstorms hit our area in January or February, until this year. On December 18th around 7:00PM the teeny tiny flakes began to fall around here. They continued to fall throughout Saturday and ended sometime Saturday evening. When the last flake fell, we had accumulated about 15 inches of snow, give or take an inch. It is a pretty snow. As I ventured out this morning with my ever so miniature dog, I enjoyed this glistening wonderland. I guess the feeling was akin to being inside those shake-em up snow globes. Although,I didn't have the sense of being all shook up, I did imagine the serenity these glass globes impart. I have spent a good part of the day outside, visiting neighbors, walking the little dog that isn't too much of a snow fan, throwing snowballs at my husband but never actually hitting the target and just breathing in the clean smell of fresh snow. Now it is the evening of the fourth Sunday of Advent. Since there was so much of the white stuff, church was cancelled today. The 4 candles of Advent are lit as I focus on the peace, joy, hope and love that they represent. In just 4 more days, we will light the Christ Candle to complete the Yule log candelabra as we anticipate the peace, joy, hope and love that only He can give. Merry Christmas.

No comments: