Saturday, July 2, 2011

July


It has been a while since I wrote anything because I have been doing other things. For one, I have been playing lots of tennis. I am on a senior tennis league that meets 3 days a week and am a sub on a community league that plays once a week. I am learning how to hit that little yellow ball correctly, how to stand when I hit it and all kinds of tennis tips. I have also been sewing for my soon-to-be born grandson. I turned my daughter's old bedroom into my sewing room so that now I don't have to clean off the dining room table after each sewing project. I just leave the sewing machine out and the ironing board is a few feet away. Much better. Here is one of my recent finished projects for my expectant daughter. Some people call it a "hooter hider",but my daughter prefers the term,"Baby Curtain". Don't have any pictures of my tennis games, however last week, my tennis partner and I won all 4 games!! This has never happened to me before, so I was VERY excited. Most tennis leagues play 6 games per set, but we usually stop at 4 games per set. That is about all for now. Gotta get ready for a play. Happy 4th of July!!

1 comment:

prncssprple said...

I think it is great that you have gotten into tennis! :) You are doing great!