Sunday, January 29, 2012

Just Trust Me

 Last week, I was following my daughter's car to their new home. It was a gorgeous day and she was doing a wondeful job of driving and not losing me as I drove my little Smart car at speeds of 70 mph down a major highway. My Smart can keep up with the Big Boys. About halfway through the trip, she called me and said she'd like to stop at the next Cracker Barrel. It's a nice place to change the baby, use the restroom and grab lunch. I reeeeeaaaaallllllly had to go to the bathroom, so I said the sooner the better. Her little baby was being very good, so she wanted to keep driving just a little further to the Cracker Barrel. I did some wiggling in my driver's seat and kept right on following. Hmmmm, The Cracker Barrel was in the town of a dear friend whom I hadn't seen in about 10 years.  I thought it sure would be nice to see Suzanne, but we didn't have time today and I didn't have her phone number with me. Oh well, maybe next time. We arrived at the Cracker Barrel, I jumped out of my car and scurried to the ladies room as my daughter got the baby and baby stuff out of her car. When I came out of the restroom, my daughter and baby were just coming in the front door of the store. I held the door for her and then looked to my left. I said to my daughter, " Is that Suzanne?" " I don't know", she replied. So I walked over with baby and my daughter, the lady looked up and started to say, "May I help you", but in that instant saw me and said, " Debbie!!!!!!" What is amazing to me is that God knew all along where we were going to stop. I didn't even know Suzanne worked at Cracker Barrel. It was God's doing totally. It was as if He were telling me, " I know you want to see Suzanne. I know you don't have much time. I have everything covered. Just trust Me." Also, on the way home from my daughter's two days later, I stopped and got to visit with my friend for one more time. Yep, she was working the same hours that day too. Thank you, God, for being concerned for such little things in our lives. It is in the little things that cause me to realize how much You love me and how very near You are each and everyday.

No comments: