Tuesday, July 17, 2012

You're Prettier

Recently when visiting my mom, I had a chat with one of her caregivers. The caregiver said she'd like to tell me something my mom had said. Well, with that, I kind of held my breath, because my mother is known for saying exactly what she is thinking. A nice way of saying this is she is very honest. So, the woman began her story. One day the caregver had to bring her 2 daughters to work with her and when they were near or with my mom,  my mother said to the one daughter, "You're very pretty." Compliment given and compliment accepted with pleasure. Whew, I am thinking, that's good. Then to the second daughter, who according to her mom doesn't get comments like that, my mom said, "But you're prettier." The caregiver told me that those words given to the daughter that doesn't hear that  as often as the other one, has never forgotten what Mrs. Ford said to her that day. Now when the one daughter, says something flattering about herself or hears something nice being said about her, the other one will say, " But I'm prettier." Also, since that time, when the girls need to be at work with their mom, they ask if they can go visit Mrs. Ford. I am thankful that my mom's words had such a positive impact on this young child and at the same time didn't hurt the other one's feelings.
Psalm 19:14 says, "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."
This story also reminded me of the Miranda Lambert song, Only Prettier. Thank you, Lord, for allowing my mom to be such an encouragement!!!

1 comment:

prncssprple said...

You never know what is going to come out of her mouth! :)