Tuesday, September 25, 2012

An Observation

Just last week, I was on a girls' vacation with 2 of my friends. We had a relaxing week at the beach. During this time, we played tennis- Australian style- meaning 1 against 2, swam in the ocean with the fishies, visited a botanical garden, did a little shopping and enjoyed every minute. One day it rained and poured, but we still went out and did non-beach things, like shopping and eating. I loved watching the fish through the waves. As the sun shone through the waves, we could see small fish playing and probably trying to out-swim the bigger more aggressive fish interested in making these little guys their next snack. On one of our days in the water, many small fish acrobated themselves out of the water dodging my friend standing in their path. It was fun to see, but a little scary for said friend.
I really enjoyed just being in the ocean. I don't think I have ever been in more then a half an hour at one time  in my life, but on this vacation, my friend and I went in for at least an hour on two different days. Wow! I might add in case my niece is reading this that the ocean was very,very calm on those two days and we were in no danger of being eaten and spit out! Another side benefit was I didn't get a sunburn.
I loved watching the families with their young children. It was great seeing moms, dads and kiddoes relaxing and enjoying each others' company. Dodging the waves, digging in the sand, and eating gritty "sand"wiches- literally!! As the waves, birds, fish and sky declared the wonders of Our Heavenly Father, I would whole-heartedly say- Amen!!!

No comments: