Wednesday, October 17, 2012

G. Lee 3 at 15 months


Photo: Gordon Lee nonchalantly escaping our living room barricade.

As I sit here waiting for a friend to visit from NC, I have a few minutes to write about this sweetheart in the picture. Last October, I blogged about a happy 3 month old who had to be propped up next to a pumpkin bigger than he was for an autumnal photo op. This October, G. Lee 3 is on the move and on the move some more. He loves to be "youtyide" as he says. He loves books, he loves his bath and loves to do lots of fine motor activities. Years ago, when my older daughter was his age, a wise friend told me to let the kids mess up the room and try not to let the constant state of disorder get to me. I have kept that advise and am happy to see that my younger daughter doesn't fret over her little guy's toys and books everywhere. Yes, she and her husband pick up the clutter when company is coming and sweet baby boy quickly makes company feel at home by bringing a ball, blocks, stuffed animals and books out of their "hiding places" to share with those who visit. Then everyone feels right at home!! They are only little once and he is learning to pick up his toys and books when we sing the "clean up" song.  People, there is just so much to do and learn when you are 15 months old, don't ya know! Anyway, thank you God for this contented, well-adjusted, smart, adorable, fun  and always on the move grandson of mine!!

No comments: