Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Grandson

I thought I would take a few minutes to write some thoughts on my grandson. He is one smart and curious fellow. His teacher told his mommy yesterday that he is so smart, she (the teacher) can't teach him anything that he doesn't already know. He is only 2, but because he is potty-trained and is a quick learner, he is in the 3 year old preschool class. Well, the teacher is being kept on her toes with him. He is very focused both visually and auditorily when riding in the car. He listens for train sounds or canspot an airplane through the window. He gets semi-quiet when in his car seat, so his mom and dad know he's either learning by seeing and /or hearing or he's on his way to sleep.
Most nights, right before his bedtime, he calls me to "get on 'puter' ". I say, "Ok, call you back on the computer." I then do just that. I hold up several books for him to choose from, in order to read one to him before saying goodnight. The past few nights, he has wanted the same book, one called My First Medical Bag. Hmm, do we have a future doctor? When his mommy was about his age, she tugged on our doctor's coat to get his attention. She then told him she was going to be a doctor someday.  I have been praying for my bundle of energy grandson to have the fruit of the Spirit~ love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, and self-control. Galatians 5:22-23
I am so grateful that God has blessed us with such a strong little guy in body, mind and most importantly spirit. God, please continue to instill Your qualities in his life. May I seek to find new ways to engage him and experience life through his eyes.

No comments: