Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Autumnal Chill

I have a favorite season and we are now right smack dab in it. I like to say fallish but my husband swears that is not a word. Hey, I'm the english minor in this family, so I say fallish is a word. Anyway, autumnal and fallish weather and awesome colors make me feel like Maria in The Sound of Music. Instead of singing "the hills are alive with the sound of music", the words are, "the hills are alive with the hues of purple, yellow, red and orange." Today, there has been a chill in the air. When I left for the Y to run, I didn't wear a jacket because I would be sweating in no time so why bother. I should have bothered, because I was C-C-C-COLD!! As I am writing this, I have a nice fleece jacket on and am thinking of putting on gloves and a hat even though I am in the house!! This is so unlike me as I am still having "tropical moments" quite often. If I could harness my many hot flashes, I could save a bundle on heating our home. The interesting thing about them is I never know when one is about to happen. For example, I am perfectly toasty now, but who knows, in a second, I may have to rid myself of this jacket and turn on the ceiling fan. For now, I am one happy fallish camper.

No comments: