Friday, January 29, 2010

Just A Little More

When I set out for my first hour of PT on Wednesday, I had no idea that I would not finish. After an hour and 20 minutes (20 minutes of warm-up), I had only done arm super sets. Yes, super sets was a new term for me. What that means is, 1 set of this type arm exercise and immediately go to another type of arm training. You start off with 15 reps at the lowest weight, then decrease reps by 2 while increasing weights. Got that? Anyway, once all the arms' work was done, I went to the leg press and perfect squats. Let me be the first to tell you, there is nothing perfect about the perfect squat. It may very well be the most dreaded exercise machine ever invented. After doing 1 set of not-so-perfect squats, I nearly passed out. It wasn't because I was out of air, it was because I ran out of strength, literally. Does muscle failure sound like a good thing? My husband who has been working out since before Noah built the Ark, told me to always quit before muscle failure. I didn't know muscle failure was lurking in my body, otherwise I would have said to J. STOP!
Today, I will be looking for that sneaky thing and will breathe through my nose, not my mouth as I did on Wednesday and try very hard not to look like I'm ready to keel over. Here I go!

2 comments:

M said...

feeling sore?

A few weeks and no one will want to run into you in a dark alley, though.

eastlesswater said...

I don't know about that. I am still sore. My next scheduled PT is Friday at 4.