Saturday, June 12, 2010

Mason Jennings

Last night I went to a Mason Jennings Concert with my daughter and one of her friends. You may not have heard of him, but I kind of like the way he sings and plays the guitar,so this was something I had really been looking forward to doing. As we sat in the balcony and listened to this storyteller-songwriter-singer,I found myself intently listening to the words. Yes, I do have a hearing loss that my husband likes to remind me of, however I wasn't having any trouble hearing or understanding what was being sung, I just appreciated his ability to convey deep thoughts through a string of words. His voice is unique and the cadence is different. Many people have compared him to Bob Dylan and I think that is accurate.
My favorite song, Lemon Grove Avenue, wasn't played last night, however the one I have included in this blog was. He does a great one called The Field about a soldier who does not come back from war.
There was a song he played about hoping the wings would clear the treetops and then a lot of something else that didn't make much sense to me. I am really not sure how many people understood the meaning of that number.
Not all of his songs have a Christian flavor, but most of them are thought-provoking.
He sings one called Your New Man about getting an old girlfriend back. It has a super style to it and fun lyrics with a cute twist as he concludes the song.
I like this concert going business, especially when it involves going with one of my daughters:)
I'm thinking Brandon Heath will be my next concert event. What do you think, daughters?

No comments: