Monday, February 14, 2011

Not Mellow Yellow


It has been about a month since I last wrote. I have been busy stripping wallpaper from my kitchen walls and painting the walls pineapple cream. In layman's terms, that yellow. We had new cabinets put in the second week of January. It took f-o-r-e-v-e-r to strip the wallpaper. First, I just used a clothes steamer and did about 2 strips in 5 days. Then a friend mentioned a product called Dif and once I scored the wllpapaer with a fancy little disk and sprayed on the dif to help dissolve the paste, voila, I was finished stripping, wallpaper, that is. Then another 2-3 days and the room was complete. Here is a picture. I love the bright yellow and white trim. It is so bright now, that when the lights are on, it looks like the lights are dim in comparison to the walls. Anyway,after 20 years of the same 2 deisgns of wallpaper, it is great to have fresh new walls and cabinets.

1 comment:

Darlene said...

Love your kitchen Debbie. That was surely alot of work taking down the wallpaper :-) Not something I enjoy doing but the end results are wonderful!

Congrats on joining the grandma club! I am so excited for you!

Blessings and love,
Darlene