Monday, March 21, 2011

A Georgia-gorous Weekend

This past weekend, my husband and I got to travel to Georgia to see our daughter and son-in-law. Husband and Son-in-law were in the Java Jog on Saturday. They were both signed up to run the 10 K. As it turned out, it was a picture-perfect run morning. No clouds, great temperature and no "humandidity" as my dad called it. A pack of 115 runners set off at 8:32. It was decided that my husband and son-in-law would not try to keep pace with each other. There are hills in Georgia, did you know that? When running, one realizes this fact quickly. Even a slight hill when driving is a big deal when running. We do not like those hills. As it truned out, my husband decided that he had had enough and felt good about just finishig the 5K part of the race. However, my son-in-law, finished the whole 10 K. I would say being over 30 years younger and an Army officer had something to do with his stamina. My husband came in first in his age group. It turned out that he was the oldest runner in this race. My son-in-las also came in first in his age group. Yea, G. and L.!!!!
While the guys were running, my expectant baby girl and I walked around, ate a light snack and watched our guys cross the finish line.
It was great to play tennis with my daughter. There is a single tennis court within walking distance of their home. I hadn't played in so long that I had to be retaught nearly everything.
Another highlight of the weekend was feeling my daughter's belly move as my grandson let me know he was having his workout too.
We had taken the crib with us that our daughters had and G. and L. put it up. It was a cool moment when G. and L. came downstairs to show us the handwrtten instructions that my husband had written 22 years ago as he had packaged up the crib. It was written on March 18, 1989, 22 years to the DAY of our arrival in Georgia!!!!! He had also written a note on the back of the directions saying that his mom had given us the crib and a blessing for the next baby to use it. This is definitely a keeper crib and note! Thank you God for all of your blessings!! Happy spring!!

1 comment:

prncssprple said...

I am so glad you came to visit and I really do think the date on those instructions was such a cool thing! :)