Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Blogging about Jogging

Today was my run day at the Y. I never look forward to my run days. As the 60's song says,"Don't go too fast, but I go pretty far..." Well, I don't go too fast and I don't go too far. The treadmill mileage says 2.3 miles. That is my goal on my run days. By the time I get off the treadmill, I look like I have run much faster and farther. Sweat drenched, I get in my car and head for home to shake a tower (my brother's way of saying take a shower). When it is my lift days, it's not sooooo dreaded. I can lift a total of 24,000 pounds give or take a pound. Since this is spread out over 10 machines, I am able to get sips of water whenever I want and am not a mess when I finish. I can even go to the store afterwards!! When I jog, I hardly ever think I will be able to keep on running for 30 minutes. If I wait until too late in the afternoon to jog, my mind tells me that I won't finish. That is why whether I run in the AM or PM, I listen to songs (hopefully fast songs) on my oh so ancient portable radio/tape player so that I am not thinking about what I am doing. I prefer to go in the morning when I have more energy and then when it is over, I still have a good part of the day to do other things, even fun things! Blogging is one of those fun things. If I were to say what is good about jogging for 30 minutes every other day, it would have to be that I am happy that I did it and at least for today it is over!!!! Yay!

1 comment:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Good for you for keeping at it....good music is always the key. ;)