Monday, November 23, 2009

31 Years Ago

Thirty-one years ago tomorrow will be our anniversary. Since we were married the Friday after Thanksgiving,our anniversary is an occasion to give thanks for 31 years of joy. I told my sweetie when we were dating that I wanted a husband who would be my spiritual leader. This was very important to me. I had been in Campus Crusade for Christ while in college and having a husband who would keep me focused on The One True God was of utmost importance. Well, let me tell you, God gave me a husband who is continually challenging me to live beyond the status quo as a Christian. He has taught me that no one really knows God. I know many Christians would immediately say, "Yes, I do know God." I said that too at one time but, when I read God's Word, I can now see that "His ways are not my ways..." I sometimes sing the song "You are the Potter, I am the clay" and by mistake will say, "I am the potter, you are the clay." We do want to be the potter oftentimes, but I would not like to see the shape of the vessel if I were. So at this season of thanksgiving, my prayer is one of gratitude for my supercallefradulisticexpealodous husband of 31 years!!

No comments: