Thursday, November 19, 2009

Counting Down Days

Today is November 19th which means in 10 days my daughter will be getting married. We hope to see the 10 day forecast tomorrow and our fingers are crossed for a beautiful warm and sunny day. Please Mr. Weatherman. (That's God I'm talking about). With an anticipated 100+ people in our home for the reception, we definitely need some outdoor space. My daughter reminded me of the Father of the Bride movie with Steve Martin as he envisioned a home reception of flipping burgers in the backyard. Although my husband won't be flipping burgers, it would be great to go out for some fresh air.
So far, the cake is ordered and will be picked up on Saturday and placed in the freezer 'til the big day. The flowers are to be picked up the day before the event. The caterer is busily cooking. She is such an outstanding caterer so I don't have any concerns there. The pretty fruit lady will sculpt some amazing designs and one-of-a-kind artwork into strawberries, melons and other scrumptious fruit. The programs will be copied tomorrow onto light green and lavender paper.
Today, I went to The Party Store to buy the plates,cups for the cold tea and hot cups for the hot cider, teas and coffee, forks and spoons. I think I bought enough. Decisions, decisions..... I have never liked buying in bulk just ask my husband.
Anyway,with the day quickly approaching,we are as prepared as can be for a blessed day for our daughter.Amen.

2 comments:

Antiquerain said...

Everything turned out lovely. So, happy to be able to share in the family celebration for Rebbecca and Lee.

You've been blogging for a while. I submit that you include some links for your posts. You could point to the caterer, bakery, and florist (that is if they have websites) etc.

eastlesswater said...

Both the caterer and the fruit sculptor do not have websites~ just friends of mine who do a super job. The fruit sculptor's business is just getting started and is called "Fruits of the Spirit". Paul's Bakery did the cake and they have a FB page. It's the one with the little gnome in front of the store's photo. Thanks!