Monday, April 19, 2010

Daughters!




Today is my younger daughter's birthday. It is hard to believe she is the age she is.
Wasn't it just yesterday that I held this little pink joy bundle? I was so thankful when she entered the world at 10 minutes to midnight. I can remember thanking everyone in the delivery room. If the custodian had been in there, he would have been thanked too. Several years after she was born, I learned that Hitler was born on April 20th, whoo, that was close. The doctor called her "The Midnight Rider" and he called me a professional mom at her birth.
Maurice Chevalier sang a song called "Thank Heaven for Little Girls". In the song, one of the lines says, "Thank heaven for little girls
they grow up in the most delightful way!"
This is definitely true of the daughters God blessed us with.
Little girls steal their daddies' hearts and do all the other things that make their dads crazy about them. We know a young man who is very much a man and he just found out he will be the daddy to a baby girl in August. He will be an amazing dad! Yes, I am positive every man would love to have a son, but in God's grand design, He knows exactly what each man really needs.
I am not my daughters' papa, but oh how happy I am to be their mama! Thank you God for my daughters!!

No comments: