Thursday, April 15, 2010

Heart Healthy Marriages

Today I shared with the MOPS moms some thoughts on Marriage~A Blessing or a Burden.
A couple months ago, my friend B. and fellow Mentor Mom shared her thoughts on Motherhood~A Blessing or a Burden. I shortened my Mentor Moment since the Y ladies were there and we wanted them to have the time to answer exercise-related questions and a time to do some exercises.I shared about "wifering" and not allowing "mothering" to take a front seat to being a wife. I know first hand, as I was guilty of this when our children were preschoolers. We hear constantly about high profile marriages in shambles from Tiger Woods to The Goslings. Truth be told, many marriages silently are in shambles because marriage priorities are wacko. What happened between dating and several years into marriageland? I guess you might say, "Well, I got my man, now I'll drop the ball." That's what happens more often than not. As my husband has said,"It doesn't take much to make a man happy. There are women out there who, on a daily basis, are offering themselves on a golden platter even if your husband is dog ugly." Wake up, wives, date your husbands!! Sure, Professor Henry Higgins had a fun conversation in song with Pickering about why can't a woman be more like a man, but men are interested in the opposite sex, not a carbon copy of themselves. Proverbs 14:1 says "A wise woman builds her home and a foolish one tears it down." You are the heartbeat of your home. Have you checked your heart rate lately?

1 comment:

prncssprple said...

That was simple, straightforward, and perfectly stated!