Monday, August 2, 2010

Travelin' Days








































Johnny Cash sings, "I been everywhere, man...". The month of July was that kind of month for me. First, I spent a few glorious days in south Florida. After a must stop at Robert IS Here Fruitstand in Homestead, FL for their amazingly scrumptious Keylime milkshakes. My husband and I continued on to Key Largo and points further south. I experienced my first snorkeling adventure. Even saw a scorpion fish hanging out on the bottom of the water. Fortunately, my niece was with me and her hand signals implored me to stay away. The fish really looked like a rusty, multicolored rock, so I probably would have reached out and touched it. The second new experience was deep sea fishing. I caught 4 snappers and ate them along with the other fish my kinfolk caught for dinner that night.
The next stop was to see our daughter and son-in-law in Georgia. They have a lovely townhome and the area where they live is so pleasant. Even though they are further away from us now, I am thrilled that they are in a lovely and less-trafficy town. They have super neighbors and I think they feel very happy in their new place.
After a brief stop at home to wash clothes and repack, I was off to the Pacific Northwest to visit my niece, nephew and sister-in-law. As Perry Como and Bobby Sherman have sung, "The bluest skies you've ever seen are in Seattle...". I found this to be true! So to the top of the Space Needle, to Pikes Place Market, to a Mariners' Baseball game,to a boat tour of Lake Washington, to a stroll through a folksy german village in the Cascade Mountains and to a shopping mall in Bellevue, I had a full week of fun things to do.

When I took the red-eye home last week, I and the other passengers looked like zombies walking around the Atlanta airport to catch the next flight to our final destinations.

I think I am finally over jetlag. I am so glad to be back in my own bed and plan to stay home.... at least for this month. I do have a traveling bone or two in my body.

No comments: