Monday, April 20, 2009

Rainy Days and Mondays


Today is a rainy day and a Monday. What's that about "rainy days and Mondays always get me down"? Not necessarily. Rain is nice when you are sleeping,just going to sleep or waking up. Looking out the window and seeing the raindrops (not falling on my head) is also pleasant. Even driving in the rain can be good as the sun isn't blinding you. God does all things well. As I was reading The Last Sin Eater (which I highly recommend), there is a part that talks about how the seasons help us understand the Resurrection all year long. Two thoughts occur to me,first,maybe this rainy day or season of springtime can be God's tears washing away all the things that pollute our lives. It is difficult for me to cry. I think it must be my Scottish/Irish roots that remind me to be strong no matter what. However, when I laugh, my tears flow freely. So my second lightbulb is... could God also be rejoicing with us for little victories throughout the day? Tears of joy splashing down from heaven upon us. Yes, that is my rainy days and Mondays epiphany. Have a joy-filled, rain-soaked Monday and keep looking up.

No comments: