Monday, August 10, 2009

A Special Bond

There is a song by Paul Simon called "Father and Daughter". If you want to see the video of it, just go to YouTube and search for Paul Simon Father and Daughter song. There is a special bond between a father and his daughter. I think it is even stronger than between a father and son. This same special bond oftentimes exists between a mother and her son. When I was a little girl, there was a print on my bedroom wall of a St. Bernard standing guard over a little girl. Since my mother is not a packrat like me, that print is long gone, but the image is still with me. In the song, "Father and Daughter", one line says "I'm gonna stand guard like a postcard of a golden retriever and never leave till I leave you with a sweet dream in your head." I had this special bond with my dad and my daughters have this with their dad. Our Heavenly Father,or Abba,is standing guard over each of His daughters (and sons). The chorus in the song says, "I'm gonna watch you shine, gonna watch you grow, gonna paint a sign so you'll always know as long as one and one is two, there could never be a father who loved his daughter more than I love you." If you can relate to Rhymin' Simon's words, then thank your Heavenly Father for His love for you. If your dad, papa ,daddy or whatever you call him is still around, then thank him too. Who knows, even if your eathly father is now in heaven, give a shout out to him and he (I believe) will hear you.

No comments: