Friday, May 29, 2009

Anderson Cooper's Mom's jeans

A couple years ago, I began watching A.C. 360 and came to realize Anderson Cooper did a great job of reporting the news. He goes above and beyond the call of duty. He does a segment called "Keepin' 'Em Honest"~mostly about politicians, which is a constant battle to keep those birds honest! It is refreshing to see someone stand up for what is good and right and not be concerned about stepping on someone's toes. Sometimes, you have to toe-step. In general, he strives to be fair-minded and to tell the truth. A rarity in today's news circles. Anyway, come to find out that his mama is Gloria Vanderbilt. I don't really know much about Gloria Vanderbilt, but she did a great job of bringing up her son and she obviously knows what kind of pants I like. Well, granted, she probably doesn't know, but the pants' designers do! I doubt that Anderson Cooper's mom even wears jeans since she is the same age as my mom who hasn't donned a pair of jeans since her high school days! So when I wear a pair of Gloria Vanderbilt jeans or capris (which I just bought a new pair yesterday), I say, "I'm wearing Anderson Cooper's mom's jeans!" I am sure Mrs. Vanderbilt has never really worn the jeans or capris that I have purchased, but "her" pants fit me to a T. So thank you kindly, Anderson Cooper's mom!

No comments: